The subject of this random business review came to my attention at work one day. They're Big Ass Fans and, believe it or not, they're not a porn site. They sell industrial ceiling fans--fans which are pretty big-ass in anyone's opinion.
If you're a fan of mine (which face it--you are), then you know I'm in college and are wondering what the hell I could possibly tell you about industrial ceiling fans. The answer is: not much, except that they're really big, they rotate relatively slowly and that a few of them can cool a football stadium (or certainly keep your warehouse at a comfortable temperature).
What I want to talk about--what I find really interesting, anyway--is their site, itself. If the name doesn't make you curious and give you a taste of their brand's personality, then I recommend you go back to reading Cupboard Fanatic and forget that brand names even exist.
Probably one of the best things they've done with their site (and business, for that matter) is they've infused humor into their marketing messages whenever they've had the opportunity. It's all pretty dry and sarcastic. That delivery method gives them authority, according to me--when I think of a dry and sarcastic person, they don't seem like they want or need your laughs, but they usually get them anyway.
Besides that, they do an amazing job of walking you through the sales process. I suppose this could get a bit tedious if they have repeat customers (I feel like you'd probably buy all of the fans you need at once, unless you're just testing for optimal quantity), but they give you the information you need/want piece by piece so that it all doesn't simply...blow you away?
This Austin, Texas-based commercial fan manufacturer delivers the goods in a manner that's too easy and entertaining to ignore. I hope to entrepreneur one day, so I'm definitely keeping them in mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment