If you're like me, you're not totally into wine, but it always impresses you when you meet someone who knows a lot about it. A few weekends ago I was with some of these people (coworkers) on a trip to a semi-local winery near Austin. I don't want to describe the winery experience as much as I want to point out a useful resource we consulted before we planned our trip.
The resource is called GoTexanWine, and it's purpose is to educate interested people about Texas Wine Tours and about Texas wine tasting in general. Additionally, the site's hosted by the government, so it provides authoritative information regarding winery proprietorship courtesy of the Texas Department of Agriculture.
Perhaps the most interesting thing for the average consumer is GoTexanWine's provision of a Texas Hill Country map complete with winery locations all over the state. From this map, visitors can click on a location to learn more about a particular winery (services, contact information, owners, date of establishment, etc.) so they can plan a visit. We ended up selecting Driftwood Winery, which is just outside of Austin, based on the availability of wine tours and wine tasting opportunities, and the proximity to Austin.
GoTexanWine.org run a very attractive and easy-to-use site that will prove useful to everyone from the wine connoisseur (my coworkers) to the everyday schmuck (me). I'm definitely using them next time.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for your comments and high praise which I humbly accept on behalf of the many designers, writers and programmers who worked hard to make the Go Texan Wine site functional and beautiful. We hoped it would be useful to consumers and promote tourism to Texas wineries. Happily, it is--and it does! Thanks again for the plug, Neely Ashmun, BAHdesign.com
Post a Comment